It’s Plastic free July. Now is the perfect time to call a home/work meeting and come up with a few ideas for your own Plastic Free July Plan.
Plastic Free July is a global movement that sees millions of people commit to reducing their single use plastic waste during the month of July.
Whether you’re new to Plastic Free July or you’ve participated before or are just looking at ways to stick to your commitment to reduce single use plastic, here are our top tips and resources to help you get started.
· BYO reusable coffee cup (you could even use a ceramic cup from the office if your coffee shop is nearby!);
· Let your veggies mingle or take your own reusable produce bags;
· Use reusable food wraps, sandwich pouches and containers instead of cling wrap and zip lock bags;
· Say no to a plastic straw or choose to use a reusable straw instead;
· Carry a reusable water bottle with you and fill it up during the day;
· Remember to bring your reusable shopping bags.
Don’t become overwhelmed - Tackle one area at a time
Instead of diving into #plasticfree living head first, go easy on yourself and break the #plasticfree2019 challenge into easy to manage parts. Pick one of the top four single use plastic free journeys below and see how to go about conquering it, then move onto the next journey!
For local Batemans bay goodies see http://www.govitabatemansbay.com.au store to purchase a variety of plastic free products or alternatively visit online store https://www.biome.com.au who stocks an extensive range of products. For more Inso and resources be sure to check out https://www.plasticfreejuly.org.
Plastic free in the workplace:
- Bin Audit
- Work Place Kitchens
- Engaging Co-workers
- Workplace procurement
For those of you looking to recycle your workplace packaging in the batemans bay area. The very helpful team at http://www.yumaro.com.au/yumaro will recycle all your plastics and cardboards.
For more #plasticfreejuly Inso and resources visit https://www.plasticfreejuly.org