Dreaming of Spending long hot days & nights around a long bountiful table, twinkling lights overhead, the sound of laughter ringing long into the night, with your dearest family and loved ones?
Well with the warmer spring weather upon us, now is the perfect time to prepare your outdoor space for entertaining.
We ask Lucinda Dunn for her top tips on creating mood for warm weather enetertaining.
1. Covered areas – Shade is the key to creating a comfortable outdoor space. It will provide shade in the summer and protection from the elements in the cooler months. Making your outdoor space a room for year-round enjoyment – especially when you introduce heating into the zone.
2. Privacy and Protection from the elements - Aluminium external louvered shutters allow you to close an external area creating a delightful extra outdoor room. Outdoor shutters will give you privacy, light control, protection from the elements and year round use.
3. Bring in plenty of seating - If you love to entertain, your outdoor space needs to include plenty of seating options to cater for large groups of family and friends. Invest in a large table and chairs plus another zone with extra casual seating to provide you and your guests with a choice of places to come together or escape if the need arises.
4. Add plants - Such a quick and easy way to create mood. To go that extra mile and create a tropical oasis that will make your guests never want to leave. Adding additional greenery in the form of pots, planters and hanging plants. By using moveable planting solutions you can easily bring the greenery up onto your deck, balcony or patio and change the overall feel of your space.
5. Add lighting for ambiance - The easiest way to add ambience and a party atmosphere to your space is with fairy lights or string lights. Use one long strand to light up your patio area, or connect multiple strands for a dramatic atmosphere throughout the whole garden.
6. Decorate for entertaining - another quick and effective way to create mood. Up the ante for your summer soiree by going the extra mile with decorations – whether they’re for Christmas or simply to create a festive atmosphere. Add a pop of colour and some summer fun into your outdoor space by using soft furnishings and decor items.
7. Create a fire pit - Although the months are warming fire brings mood like nothing else. Add atmosphere and a wow-factor to your outdoor space with a fire pit. This may also be cooked on and enjoyed all year round as a source of heat on cooler evenings and a great focal point for gatherings with family and friends on warm summer nights.
Now it's time to go and enjoy all the warm weather entertaining with loved ones and friends!